Thursday, April 16, 2009

October 16, 2009 Can't Come Soon Enough!

For the past four years there has been a must-see-for-djg film. Martin Scorsese delivered a uniquely mastered crime movie with "The Departed" in 2006. P.T. Anderson returned in 2007 with "There Will Be Blood", a scorching masterpiece that took forever to come to middle of the mid-west! Last year it was Darren Aronofsky's fantastic "The Wrestler", which I was fortunate to see a couple months in advance for free while vacationing in Dallas, TX! This year, I'm trying really hard not to over-hype / over-excite Spike Jonze's "Where the Wild Things Are", but it's getting harder and harder to wait on films in our media-driven hype machine market. I have a feeling this one might get leaked online very early...and I will not see a movie online in that way, I will not. The amazing trailer came out last month and after a few weeks away from the hype, I'm sucked back in with the discovery of the official website! I think I've mentioned before how I don't like to wish the time away, but I'm really-really (really) excited for October 16 to open this film up. I'm also looking forward to see where Spike Jonze goes from here. This film might seal the deal for him as one of our most gifted film visionaries. And speaking of, I just realized that Quentin Tarantino's deliciously-lookin' "Inglourious Basterds" hits theaters in August (which is honestly just around the corner) so that should ease me until October, not to mention all the summer blockbusters starting to heat things up in the projection booths! -djg

No comments: