Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DJG / Criterion Collection + "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" = !!!!!DVD!!!!!

I know this is raising a big stink with the film foo-foos out there, but I think "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is a great movie and a great release for The Criterion Collection. And for those complaining, looking for some higher reasoning to all of this, I'm sure it's because David Fincher is under a contract with them or something. But, who really cares? It's one heck of a directing feat that Fincher pulled off here! Also, I feel this film will be more respected with age (no pun intended)! Though, I do hope Criterion wises up and has the DVD reasonably priced in stores, otherwise this won't sell in the Targets and the Walmarts of today. I recall "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" being around $20 when Criterion released it a few years back and I'd be up for that because I can't afford their typically $40-$50 priced releases. -djg

No comments: